In order to adopt a pet, you must:
- Own or rent a permanent residence (i.e., house, condominium, mobile home, etc.)
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a current ID or driver’s license showing proof of age and address
- Be willing and able to provide adequate training, necessary medical care, and positive attention to an adopted pet
- Pay adoption fees of $150 for dogs, $175 for puppies, $90 for cats, and $120 for kittens
Adoption fees include the cost of the microchip and initial chip registration, spay or neuter surgery, license fee for the first year, current rabies and distemper vaccination, and a veterinary health exam. These fees also partially cover the cost of the animal’s care and feeding during the animal’s stay at the shelter.
Please understand that the Summit County Animal Shelter reserves the right to deny any application for adoption.
Note: We are not a same-day adoption shelter.