Posted on June 23, 2020 at 8:54 AM by Nicole Valentine
Do you own a second home or short-term rental property in Summit County that is unoccupied or short-term rented the majority of time? Are you confused about how to respond to the 2020 Census for that address? Whether you choose to complete the 2020 Census online, by phone or by mail, the answer to the question of how many people live at the part-time residence is "zero."
Help to ensure an accurate and efficient count by responding to the 2020 Census for your part-time or rental home at 2020census.gov
. Follow these simple instructions to minimize the need for a census taker to follow up.
- Visit the link above.
- Enter the Census ID or address for this secondary property reference a door hanger, or go online and select, "If you do not have a Census ID, click here."
- Enter “0” for the number of people living at this property
- Hit Next, and when a “soft error” occurs, click Next again
- Select “No” when asked to confirm no person lives at this property
- Select primary reason – Seasonal (most likely)
And that's it. You're done!
We greatly appreciate your help ensuring an accurate accounting for all residences in Summit County - including part-time, seasonal, vacation, and short-term rentals!
Remember, responding to the 2020 Census for your vacation paradise or short-term rental property is just as important as it is for your main residence.