The original item was published from March 7, 2019 7:22 PM to July 15, 2019 6:42 PM
Latest update from CDOT, 7 p.m.
Should you encounter an avalanche or powder cloud while driving:
- I-70 is now open between Frisco and Vail in both directions.
- CO 91, between Copper Mountain and Leadville, is expected to open in the next two hours.
- US 6 Loveland Pass remains closed.
- Avalanche risk remains throughout the corridor. CDOT and CAIC will be monitoring the situation throughout the night. Travel is discouraged, but if you must, use extreme caution. CDOT will be reducing speeds through some areas as a safety precaution.
With another wave of weather expected tomorrow, please anticipate avalanche mitigation in the morning and the potential for road closures. Make sure you are prepared with emergency kit and adequate traction.
- Reduced speeds
- Pull over to shoulder if possible
- Turn off your vehicle
- Remain in your car, first responders will come to you
- If you have cell phone service, call for help