There are a variety of opportunities here at the Community & Senior Center and with our partner, Summit County Senior Citizens (SCSC). Email the Volunteer Coordinator or call 970-668-2940 for more information.
Volunteer opportunities include:
Volunteer Application - Spanish
- Office Assistance: Help with the daily operations of the Summit County Community & Senior Center offices, including offering tours, answering phones, greeting seniors, providing information and assistance, reviewing the monthly newsletter, taking reservations for senior meals and more.
- Medical Transportation: For seniors who can no longer drive, medical transportation volunteers provide essential help in getting them to doctor's appointments and procedures. Vehicle provided.
- Meal Deliveries: Drop off nutritious meals to home-bound individuals, while providing valuable socialization. A healthy meal and a friendly face can make a big difference in the life of a person who is unable to leave the home.
- Kitchen Aide: Assist the kitchen staff in preparing senior meals, through activities like food prep, dishwashing, delivery-meal packaging, dining room setup and dining room cleanup.
- Summit County Senior Citizens: SCSC has numerous opportunities to assist in the operation of this vibrant nonprofit organization. SCSC also serves as an excellent networking resource for volunteer opportunities with a wide variety of community organizations throughout Summit County, such as Friends of the Dillon Ranger District and the Family and Intercultural Resource Center.
Like us on Facebook!