It takes a Village to Raise a Child, so we work together to accomplish the following:
- Discipline / teaching - Please supervise your child.This is a great place to teach your child social skills of cooperation, sharing, ….. The group works together sharing tips for creative, positive, nurturing discipline.
- Leaving the room - Children should always have an adult with them when going to the bathroom and in public spaces (halls, library)
- Toys - Favorite toys from home are welcome but it is the parent’s responsibility to keep track of what your child brings. Please be aware that other children may play with this toy and there is a potential for damage or loss.
- Snacks - The facilitators provide healthy snacks for children who are eating table food.If you child is not, or is on a special diet, you will have to bring your child’s snack.Please no whole grapes (choking foods) or peanuts / peanut butter (serious allergy reactions). Keep track of containers.
- Building - Respect that this group is held in a public building and children can play and make noise in the room but should be quiet in the rest of the building.
- Clean-up - Parents and children work together to clean-up our room, teaching respect of our own belongings, as well as others..
- Confidentiality - New Moms and Dads is a support group for parents.Parenting experiences extreme emotions of joy, love, miracle of life, closeness- as well as frustration, confusion, helplessness, sadness, anger, out-of-control.This group is a place to express all of the experiences of parenting, however, to allow comfort of expression, we must commit to respecting- “What is said in the group, stays in the group.”