THE DEADLINE TO APPEAL REAL PROPERTY IS JUNE 8th. No extensions. No late submissions will be accepted.
Did you miss the June 8th deadline to appeal? In May 2024, you have another opportunity to appeal the value. When you receive your 2024 Notice of Valuation it will show the same value as 2023 (EXCEPT properties under construction or recently remodeled) since we reappraise every other year in the odd-number year. If the appraiser finds a change in value is warranted, your value will be adjusted accordingly and an abatement, or refund of the difference in tax dollars, will be processed for the 2023 tax year.
Property valuations MUST be appealed by a current owner of record or his/her authorized agent. Please note that humans are manually entering appeals into our protest software as they are received. Your patience in receiving confirmation of your emailed appeal is greatly appreciated!
- To file via USPS mail delivery you MUST use our post office box:
- P.O. Box 276, Breckenridge, CO 80424-0276
- To file in-person or using an alternate shipping method:
- 208 E. Lincoln Ave., Breckenridge, CO 80424
- To file online, use our online filing Protest application. Please note agents cannot appeal online, and the online filing application cannot accept attachments. Use the email option if you have attachments.
- Please only submit your appeal using one of the appeal methods. Multiple submissions for the same schedule will be rejected.
- Agents cannot appeal online. All documents must be submitted together at one time, and must include a current Letter of Authorization.
Appeals must be received or postmarked by the statutory deadlines. We recommend you have proof of timely mailing. If filing online, you must have the current year’s security key, which is provided on the Notice of Valuation.
June 8* Assessor-level Real Property Appeal Deadline
Each year from May 1 through June 8* property owners may appeal their values to the County Assessor. To preserve your right to object, your appeal must be postmarked, emailed, faxed, online filed, or delivered in person on or before June 8, 2023. 39-5-122(2), C.R.S.
June 15* Personal Property Appeal Deadline
The appeal period for personal property is June 15 through June 30 each year.* Notices of Determination are mailed July 10*.
June 30* Real Property Notices of Determination Mailed
The Assessor must make a decision on your protest and mail a Notice of Determination (NOD) to you by the last regular working day in June. The NOD includes further appeal rights to the CBOE.
July 15* CBOE-level Appeal Deadline
If you disagree with the Assessor's determination, or if you do not receive a Notice of Determination, you must file a written appeal with the County Board of Equalization (CBOE) on or before July 17, 2023.