June 8* Assessor-level Real Property Appeal Deadline
Each year from May 1 through June 8* property owners may appeal their values to the County Assessor. To preserve your right to object, your appeal must be postmarked, emailed, faxed, online filed, or delivered in person on or before June 8, 2023. 39-5-122(2), C.R.S.
June 30* Notices of Determination Mailed
The Assessor must make a decision on your protest and mail a Notice of Determination (NOD) to you by the last regular working day in June. The NOD includes further appeal rights to the CBOE.
July 15* CBOE-level Appeal Deadline
If you disagree with the Assessor's determination, or if you do not receive a Notice of Determination, you must file a written appeal with the County Board of Equalization (CBOE) on or before July 17, 2023.
June 15* Personal Property Appeal Deadline
The appeal period for personal property is June 15 through June 30 each year.* Notices of Determination are mailed July 10*.
*When a deadline falls on the weekend or holiday, the taxpayer, as well as the government, has until the following business day to timely file.
Property valuations MUST be appealed by a current owner of record or his/her authorized agent. WAIT UNTIL YOU HAVE ALL YOUR DOCUMENTS TOGETHER TO FILE AN APPEAL. Due to the high volume of appeals we cannot guarantee additional documents submitted later will be combined with your appeal. Furthermore, if an appeal is submitted twice for the same schedule number, it wreaks havoc on our protest software and causes a delay in processing the appeal. Please note that HUMANS are manually entering appeals into our protest software as they are received. Your patience in receiving confirmation of your appeal is greatly appreciated!
- To file via email: Send an email to email@example.com
- To file via USPS mail delivery you MUST use our post office box:
- P.O. Box 276, Breckenridge, CO 80424-0276
- To file in-person or using an alternate shipping method:
- 208 E. Lincoln Ave., Breckenridge, CO 80424
- To file online, use our online filing Protest application. Please note agents cannot appeal online, and the online filing application cannot accept attachments. Use the email option if you have attachements.
- Please only submit your appeal using one of the appeal methods. Multiple submissions for the same schedule will be rejected.
- Agents cannot appeal online. All documents must be submitted together at one time, and must include a current Letter of Authorization.
Appeals must be received or postmarked by the statutory deadlines. We recommend you have proof of timely mailing. If filing online, you must have the current year’s security key, which is provided on the Notice of Valuation.
For inquiries about the valuation of a Commercial Improved property, please make an appointment with our Commercial Appraiser using the following link: https://go.oncehub.com/Summit