The Miners Creek Road project is proposed to improve drainage, create an adjacent pedestrian path, and implement traffic calming features to slow speeds and increase safety on the roadway. The Board of County Commissioners directed County staff to explore different options for improvements in response to comments received from the community during the rezoning process for the Bill’s Ranch workforce housing project, although there are no requirements for road improvements as part of that process.
Bill’s Ranch – Miner’s Creek Road Improvement Options – Open House 10/17/23
A open house was held to engage community members on October 17th. Attendees submitted feedback on road designs and input for consideration via a survey. 17 responses were collected, in addition to comments posted on the boards. 15 of survey responses were in favor of Option C – gravel road without defined path.
Feedback shared by community members about various aspects of the road included:
- Speed – necessity for slowing down traffic and various methods (speed bumps, signage, curves, speed tables, etc.)
- Signage – whether it’s more appropriate to have yield or stop signs
- Pedestrian safety – many children and residents walk along the road, maintaining their safety
- Drainage – updates needed for existing culverts
- Snow storage – ensuring enough access and space
Comments will be shared with the Board of County Commissioners to make a final determination about specific improvements to be made. Further comments about the proposed road improvements may be emailed to email@example.com