Please see important updates and reminders from ECHCS below:
- The Denver-metro area vaccine clinic has moved from RMR VAMC! As of Monday, March 8, 2021, our new mass vaccination clinic will be located at 14280 E. Jewell Suite 200, Aurora, CO. We hope to be able to vaccinate more than 600 Veterans a day at this site! We are still working to identify a space in Colorado Springs. The potential site needs to be a minimum of 4,000 sq ft, with an open floor plan. Space needs to include bathrooms, HVAC, power, water, and at least 80 parking spaces in close proximity. Space that seems to best align with our needs include (but are not limited to) event centers and vacant retail space. Please contact Marcie Chase-Gonzalez, Strategic Planner, regarding questions or any potential locations: Marcie.Chase-Gonzalez@va.gov
- We have officially received the Johnson & Johnson /Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine and are looking at the best path of distribution for this vaccine. We have begun training staff on administering this particular vaccine and are targeting our rural clinics. As this is a one-dose vaccine, we are also looking at our most at-risk Veteran population who may not return for a second dose as being great candidates for this particular vaccine. While this vaccine has been in the media regarding ‘moral implications,’ please see VA’s stance:
- The Department of Veterans Affairs encourages eligible Veterans and employees to get vaccinated against COVID-19 when a vaccine is available to them. VA respects and understands that some people may prefer a particular vaccine due to a variety of reasons. However, due to the limited supply of vaccines at this time, facilities may not be able to offer more than one type of vaccine.
- COS COVID Testing Site Phased Reduction Hours:
- Effective March 15th Monday-Friday (excluding Federal Holidays)
0830-1130: Indoor Testing available for Interventional Platform/ asymptomatic Veterans,1130-1500: Outdoor Testing
- Effective March 29th Monday-Friday (excluding Federal Holidays)
1130-1500: Outdoor Testing (morning indoor testing will no longer be conducted)
We will convert to indoor operations on inclement weather days
- Building P on the RMR VAMC campus is temporarily closed. All COVID-19 testing should be referred to the Emergency Department’s parking lot for the time being.
- VA has made COVID-19 data available to the public and you can access everything from how many cases we’ve had to how many vaccines have been issued by clicking here: https://www.accesstocare.va.gov/Healthcare/COVID19NationalSummary.