Motor Vehicle Office
In Person Capacity SEVERELY Limited Due to COVID-19
- With COVID-19 cases surging in Fall/Winter 2020, our already limited capacity to have customers in our office was reduced further to maintain social distancing protocol for staff and customer experience
- We ask for our community's assistance in renewing annual registrations remotely online, by mail, or by drop box. When renewals take place in person, time slots from those who are REQUIRED to be present (titling new vehicles, ADA parking permits, etc.) are delayed.
- We ask for our community's patience. County staff are working hard to ensure accurate, and as prompt of service as possible while remaining compliant and safe.
- Wear a mask before and upon arrival to our building.
How to Renew During COVID-19
- Annual registration renewals for stickers are not conducted in person in our office, unless combined with a title transaction where the customer is required to be present.
- In-person appointments are reserved for those who must be present to title a vehicle, register for an ADA parking permit, etc.
- How to Renew:
- Online at myDMV.Colorado.gov (choose ACH for $1, or use a card for 3% processing fee)
- By mail: Mail to address on your renewal reminder card, include a check and copy of proof of Colorado Auto Insurance if indicated in red on the front of the reminder card
- By drop box: Use one of the 5 voting drop box locations, place renewal check and card inside an envelope to protect from elements and stay organized inside box
- Breckenridge: Summit County Courthouse
- Frisco: Summit County Commons, Frisco Town Hall
- Silverthorne: North Branch Library
- Dillon: Dillon Town Hall
New Vehicle Registrations Title or Other Non-Renewal Transactions
- APPOINTMENTS GUARANTEE SERVICE AND ARE PRIORITIZED: During COVID-19, transactions that require customers to be present will begin being processed through a limited number of socially distanced in-person appointments. Do not make an appointment to renew annual registration stickers, or to receive a replacement sticker. Renew remotely by mail, drop box or online. Replacement stickers can be mailed to you by calling 970-668-5623. Appointments for non-renewal transactions are prioritized over walk-ups.
- BE PREPARED: Before you make your appointment, visit Colorado Department of Revenue - Vehicle Services to ensure you have all required materials. You will always need to bring Secure, Verifiable Identification and proof of Colorado Auto Insurance card for the vehicle you are intending to register. Insurance cards shown on smartphones is acceptable.
- HOW TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT: Once you have reviewed the required materials, MAKE AN APPOINTMENT. Do not make an appointment to renew annual registration stickers, or to receive a replacement sticker. Renew remotely by mail, drop box or online. Replacement stickers can be mailed to you by calling 970-668-5623. Appointments for non-renewal transactions are prioritized over walk-ups.
- WALK-UP SERVICE IS EXTREMELY LIMITED AND NOT GUARANTEED: If you decide to try to show up at the Old Courthouse, the doors will be locked. Do not call upon arrival as the door is checked as frequently as possible. Do not wait outside the building to renew annual registration stickers. Renew remotely online, by mail, or drop box. Walk-up appointments are taken secondary to prearranged appointments, and only between the hours of 9AM and 3PM. Walk up at your own risk - there may be a wait in cold winter mountain weather.