The staff also collaborates and networks with other agencies and community organizations to identify and optimize resources throughout Summit County for children, youth and families.
Programs and Services
Youth and Family Services includes the following programs and service areas:
- Mountain Mentors: A community-based mentoring program that matches caring adult volunteers with youth ages 8 to 16.
- Communities that Care : A community-wide coalition that promotes healthy lifestyles.
- Child Care Licensing: Anyone who cares for unrelated children on a regular basis must obtain a child care license.
- Family & Parenting Support Programs, such as Strengthening Families Outreach Program and Summit County Community Play Group, offer support, networking and education for parents and their children. Parenting Class Information
- School Based & After School Programs: We offer a number of school-based and after-school programs that teach life skills and encourage healthy lifestyles, including Healthy Choices, Reconnecting Youth and Teen Drop-In "The Drop".