Resources and Forms
- Building permit application (pdf): Must be completed and submitted to acquire a building, hot tub or demolition permit.
- Fees (pdf): The fee schedule helps you calculate the costs associated with obtaining a permit.
- Permit submittal checklist (pdf): A list of required documents due at the time of your submittal for a building permit.
- Demo Permit Submittal Checklist (pdf): A list of required documents due at the time of your submittal for a demo permit.
- Technical permit application (pdf): This application is required when applying for any technical permits, including mechanical, plumbing, fireplace, electrical, and temporary power.
- Photovoltaic/Renewable Energy Information This application is required when applying for photovoltaic (solar) systems.
- Window Permit Application (pdf): This application must be completed and submitted when replacing windows, not associated with an existing building permit. A plan review is required for commercial window replacement.
- Building Inspection Department Matrix (pdf): The matrix lists external agencies, such as water and fire districts, involved in the building permit process. It also includes fire hazard mitigation requirements, frost depth, wind speed
andsnow load requirements.
- Work Without a Permit Complaint Form (pdf): If you suspect someone of conducting work without the required permit(s), complete the complaint form and submit to the Building Department.
- Every new residential development and residential addition in the unincorporated areas of Summit County must comply with the Sustainable Building Code.
- Voluntary Housing Allowance Restrictive Covenant Form (pdf) and Voluntary Housing Allowance Restrictive Covenant Routing Form (pdf): Housing Allowance Restrictive Covenant Details & Process Information (pdf): are assessed on new construction and additions, as applicable. Property developers and owners have the option of avoiding the impact fee at the time of building permit issuance by voluntarily imposing a private transfer fee upon subsequent sale of the property.
- Special Inspector Application A qualified special inspector is required to inspect certain types of construction as determined at the time of plan review by the Summit County Building Department.
- Short Term Rental Building Permit Checklist If your bedroom count doesn't match the Assessor's database, you might need to apply for a building permit with the Summit County Building Department. Here is a checklist to ensure you are prepared for submittal.
- Sustainable Code Checklist-required for new single family residences.