Colorado State University Extension
Summit County is currently restricting all public access to the following offices/functions: Community Development Services (Building, Housing, Planning, Engineering, Environmental Health), Open Space, CSU Extension, Road and Bridge Administration, and Facilities.
Routine services are being provided on a very minimal basis. We are requesting that persons needing access to those functions first try to conduct their business over the phone, or via the Summit County website.
Local Summit County Programs
Summit County CSU Extension offers numerous programs, educational workshops, 4-H youth activities, and community services. These programs include:
- 4-H Youth Development: Young people in Summit County can learn leadership, citizenship and life skills through youth development activities such as fly fishing, mountain biking, archery, rocketry, robotics and other science-based programs.
- Chipping Program: Reduce wildfire risk by clearing woody vegetation from around your home. We’ll chip it and haul it away for free.
- Forest Health and Wildfire Mitigation: CSU Extension supports forest health and wildfire education in Summit County. Extension also administers the Summit County Wildfire Council, a communitywide coalition working to reduce the threat of wildfire.
- Seedling Tree Program: Seedling trees are available to landowners for purposes of conservation, reforestation, windbreaks and wildlife habitat.
CSU Extension Statewide Resources
CSU Extension provides various resources directly to Colorado residents.
- Water and Soil Testing: Water and soil testing are available through the Soil, Water, and Plant Testing Laboratory at Colorado State University. The lab analyzes soil, water, plant and other types of samples and provides recommendations to improve soil for agricultural or horticultural applications.
- Plant Diagnostics and Plant/Insect Identification: The Diagnostic Clinic encompasses plant, plant disease and insect identification and provides recommendations for the client. The lab serves as your CSU Extension Diagnostic resource for commercial growers, crop consultants, golf course maintenance and homeowner samples.