Landfill & Recycling
The Summit County Resource Allocation Park (SCRAP) is a non-hazardous waste facility located at 639 Landfill Road, two miles north of Keystone, Colorado, 0.2 miles north of U.S. Highway 6. Our landfill serves all of Summit County and the surrounding area and is the only landfill in Summit County.
Reduced Hours of Operation
- Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. The SCRAP schedule is abbreviated in response to the COVID-19 outbreak.
- In order to reduce the risk of disease transmission, we are not currently accepting payments via cash or check. Credit cards are the only accepted form of payment at this time.
Recycling Drop-Off Centers Are Open
All Summit County recycling drop-off centers are open to the public. Please maintain recommended social distancing (6 feet from other people who are not members of your household) when at the drop-off centers:
- Breckenridge: 284 Coyne Valley Rd., next to Colorado Mountain College
- Frisco: Peak One Blvd., next to Summit County Commons
- Silverthorne: 0255 River Rd., next to the Blue River Ballfields
Household Hazardous Waste
The SCRAP accepts household hazardous waste (e.g., paints, stains, fertilizers, cleaners) and electronics waste (e.g., TV's, computers, printers, scanners, stereo equipment) for recycling and safe disposal. Thanks to the Safety First Fund, approved by local voters in 2014, these services are free to Summit County residents and property owners. Please bring proof of residency with you.
Summit County government manages the SCRAP as a publicly owned and operated solid waste management system for the discard, recycling, and reuse of municipal solid waste. SCRAP operates primarily as a fee-based enterprise fund, with some special-waste services supported by the Safety First Fund mill levy to protect local water quality.
Our mission is to provide accessible discard and recycle options for our community in order to maintain a clean, healthy, aesthetically pleasing mountain environment.
- Brochure (pdf)
- Compost Prices (pdf)
- Credit Application (pdf)
- Special Waste Acceptance Protocol (pdf)
- Special Waste Profile Form (pdf)